Blackwoods Campground Overview
Blackwoods campsites are reservable up to 2 months in advance at 10:00am EDT. Group campsites will remain closed during the 2021 season (Please disregard the Group Sites availability in the table below). There are no first-come, first-serve sites. All campsites are by advanced reservation only.
Blackwoods Campground is located in breathtaking Acadia National Park on the Maine coast. Visitors venture to Acadia for its picturesque scenery, historic sites and recreational activities, including hiking, biking and canoeing.
From gentle walks along the rugged coastline, mountain hikes, tree lined carriage roads for biking and lakes for kayaking and canoeing, Acadia offers many opportunities to get outside and be active.
Park rangers at Acadia offer a variety of programs to suit every interest and activity level. Programs include walks, talks, hikes, narrated boat cruises, bike rides and more.
A 27-mile, historic loop road system offers outstanding views of the park's ocean shoreline, coastal forests and mountain silhouettes.
The majority of Blackwoods' sites are for small and large tents; other sites can accommodate travelers with RVs. Flush toilets, running water, and a dump station are provided, as are picnic tables and fire rings. Roads are paved.
*** There are no showers in the campground. Fee shower facilities are located 1/2 mile from the campground. The use of portable showers is prohibited.***
Acadia is comprised of a cluster of islands on the Atlantic coast of Maine. Mountains, lakes, streams, wetlands, forests, meadows and beaches are all found within roughly 50,000 acres comprising Acadia. At Blackwoods, all sites are wooded and within a 10-minute walk of the ocean.
Acadia National Park is surrounded by scenic island harbors and quaint towns. Mount Desert Island, the Schoodic Peninsula, and Isle au Haut offer plenty of visitor services including restaurants, shops, museums, and tours. Please check with local Chambers of Commerce for more information.
Charges & Cancellations
- If a camper does not check-in at the ranger station by 10:00am check-out time the day after the scheduled arrival date, their reservation will be cancelled, the camper will incur a $20.00 service fee, and forfeit the first night's camping fee.
Making Changes to Your Reservation
- A $10.00 service fee will apply if you make any changes to your reservation.
Cancelling Your Reservation
- If you cancel your reservation the day before or on the day of your scheduled arrival date, you will incur a $10 service fee and forfeit your first night's camping fee. If you cancel your reservation 2 or more days before your scheduled arrival date, you will only incur a $10 service fee.
- If you cancel a group campsite reservation within 7 full days before the scheduled arrival date, you will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee.
- If you choose to check out of your campsite early, you must notify us in person at the Campground Ranger Station before 10:00am in order to receive a refund for your remaining nights.
Directions to Campground
The entrance to Blackwoods Campground is off of State Highway 3, six miles south of Bar Harbor. There is no entrance to the campground from Acadia National Park's Park Loop Rd. The Park Loop Rd. has several low bridges and the majority of it is one way traffic; do not enter any entrances with a vehicle or equipment that is 10'4" or more.